If you’re a Plus member, you’ll earn interest on your cash balance for any day that you have an active Plus membership, from 1st December 2020. If you upgrade to Freetrade Plus in the middle of a month, you will still be eligible to accrue interest for the remaining days of that month.
- The interest earned will be 3% Annual Equivalent Rate (AER) on cash holdings up to a maximum of £4,000. Any funds held in excess of £4,000 will not receive any interest.
- The £4,000 maximum cash holding eligible to receive interest is applied based on the combined amount held in your GIA and ISA.
- The interest payment is credited monthly. The interest earned over a calendar month is credited on the 11th working day of the following month.
- The interest is calculated on total cash, so unsettled and reserved cash balances are included.
- The payment is calculated daily, based on your total cash at the end of each day (00:00). Interest continues to accrue over weekends and bank holidays based on your close of business balance as at the previous working day. Any deposits you make over a weekend or bank holiday won’t be eligible for interest until the next working day.